RIPE Summer Institute 2019 (EN/FR)
A burning question at your school ?
Come with a problem, leave with a project!
|Early bird registration:
Enter the prize draw at the IB Conference in Vienna (4-6 Oct. 2018) and win a free residential participation ! Value: CHF 1800.
What is the RIPE (Research Informed Practice in Education) Summer Institute?
- As a participant you will be asked to bring with you the burning question at your school - or any other important question you might have as an education professional.
- Over the course of the 3 ½ day, we will help you make connections to develop the appropriate research action project that will allow you to address the above question.
- During the 2019-2020 academic year, we will provide access to an online forum for discussion and support.
- Particularly innovative results will be published in a peer-reviewed research journal.
The programme will include guest speakers, modules in research methods (in French and in English), workshops on developing research action projects, in addition to time for community building, reflection, consultation and exchange.
Who could this serve?
This RIPE Summer Institute is open to anyone working in a community of learners, educators, administration, human resources, ICT, librarians... If you wish to make a difference in the life of your school, please join us!
- Oakleigh Welply, Assistant Professor, Durham University School of Education
- Abdeljalil Akkari, Professeur ordinaire en dimensions internationales de l’éducation, Faculté de Psychologie et de Sciences de l’éducation (FPSE), Université de Genève; Co-responsable de l'unité PEG-EI (Politique, Economie, Gestion et Education Internationale)
- Thibaut Lauwerier, Maître-Assistant / Collaborateur Scientifique, Université de Genève / FAPSE
- Ahmed Hussain, Senior Director of Academics, Wellington College China
- Karen L. Taylor, Director of Education, International School of Geneva
- Sean Power, Director General, Institut Florimont; President, the Geneva Association of Private Schools (AGEP)
- Stuart Kime, Director of Education, Evidence Based Education
- Jack Deverson, Managing Director, Evidence Based Education
Thursday 4 July 2019
Friday 5 July 2019
Saturday 6 July 2019
Sunday 7 July 2019
Monday 8 July 2019
Venue and accommodation
The RIPE Summer Institute will take place in the magnificent Château de Bossey located 25km from Geneva in a beautiful setting near the Léman lake.
|Important: participants from abroad may chose to stay at the Château for the 4 nights at an additional cost of CHF 600. You can select this option in the registration form below and you will be contacted at a later date with instructions on how to pay this amount separately by credit card.|
For all questions, please write to email@example.com.